Tonight is going to be a big challenge. I’m going to a wedding. There’s going to be cake and other deliciousness there. I’m heading off the cravings by eating before I go. Eating, exercise and a few other things are definitely mind games. You have to prepare before you do them and then stick with the plan. My plan is to eat a large dinner before I go so I won’t be tempted. I’m hoping for good decaf!
Breakfast, Day 8. I had my little egg cups, banana, and 2 cups of coffee. I’m a creature of habit.
Lunch, Day 8, Leftover Chocolate Chili (it was fabulous.) A sliced apple with 2 tbsp. almond butter, and water infused with peppermint oil.
Dinner, Day 8. Baked Mustard Lime Chicken, roasted carrots and broccoli.
I pre-gamed before dinner because I was starving. I had a small handful of roasted almonds.
I found this recipe last spring when I was getting tired of the same old thing on Pinterest. I’ve gotten the majority of my recipes there. I search Whole30 or Paleo recipes. You do have to be careful with Paleo recipes because with Whole30 you are limited to what you can eat. No Paleo-fying recipes, either.
Whole 30 consists mainly of meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.
* Protein every meal
* 3 meals per day, pre-workout, post-workout
* Limit fruit to 1 or 2 serving if fat loss is a goal
* two cups of different veggies every meal. White potatoes used to be off the menu, but they’ve recently been added. I still eliminate them for the 30 days because I always crave something after I’ve eaten them. Show me they do affect my blood sugar.
* Limit nuts to 1-2 oz if fat loss is a goal
* Beverages are coffee, tea, mineral water. Unsweetened. No artificial sweeteners or honey.
Yes, it’s strict, but it’s worth it.
Update on the wedding. I had black coffee, nuts, grape tomatoes, carrots, green peppers and a small handful of popcorn. I really should start over because of the popcorn. I’ll see what happens tomorrow. If I get a headache, it’s back to day 1. I passed on some fabulous cupcakes, though! Congratulations Steven and Kendra!